thats an old email. i saw that some time last year. same email word for word
DON'T BUY PEPSI IN THE NEW CAN!
Don't buy Pepsi in the new can. Pepsi has a new "patriotic" can coming out with pictures of the Empire State Building and the Pledge of Allegiance on them.
However, Pepsi left out two little words on the pledge:
"Under God."
Pepsi said they didn't want to offend anyone.In that case, we don't want to offend anyone at the Pepsi corporate office, either!
So if we don't buy any Pepsi product, they will not be offended when they don't receive our money that has the words:
"In God We Trust" on it.
thats an old email. i saw that some time last year. same email word for word
I am 100 times more open minded than most on here about the topics we talk about.-Raider13
for most part, this is a hoax.
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
you can check out truthorfiction.com for scams, chain letters and hoax's. I hate pepsi but still want to set the story straight.
Pepsi Decided to Remove the Words "Under God" From a Patriotic Soft Drink Can-Fiction!
Summary of the eRumor
You are told that Pepsi removed the words "under God" from a patriotic can that included the Pledge of Allegiance.. You are also urged to tell your pastor and your church about it so a boycott of Pepsi can be conducted.
The Truth
This story is not true.
Someone has taken a similar story that is true about Dr Pepper and substituted the Pepsi name.
.
A real example of the eRumor as it has appeared on the Internet:
I'll buy Coke!
Pepsi has a new patriotic can coming out with
pictures of the Empire
State
Bldg. and the Pledge of Allegiance on them.
But Pepsi forgot two
little
words on the pledge, "Under God." Pepsi said
they did not want to
offend
anyone.
If this is true then we do not want to offend
anyone at the Pepsi
corporate office. If we do not buy any Pepsi
product then they will
not
receive any of our monies. Our money after
all does have the words
"Under
God" on it.
Please pass this word to everyone you know.
Tell your Sunday
School class tomorrow and tell your Pastors
so that they can tell
the
whole
congregation. We want the words "under God"
to be read by every
person
who
buys a can.
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
Dr Pepper Omitted the Words "Under God" From a Quote of The Pledge of Allegiance On Patriotic Soda Cans-Truth!...Sort Of!
Summary of eRumor:
This message says that Dr Pepper is coming out with a set of soft drink cans with a patriotic theme. One of them is to have the Statue of Liberty on one side and the Pledge of Allegiance on the other. But, the phrase "under God" was not included in the pledge. Some versions of the eRumor include an 800 number for you to call Dr Pepper and complain. Others urge you to send a note of protest via their web site.
The Truth:
According to the Dr Pepper website at www.dpsu.com, there is a special patriotic edition Dr Pepper can. A statement by Dr Pepper/Seven Up says the cans are to "...show support for the patriotic fervor that has been sweeping America since the tragic events of Sept. 11, 2001, and to show the world that we are a united nation of people who place a high value upon freedom."
One side of the can includes the Statue of Liberty and on the other side are three words from the Pledge of Allegiance, not the entire 31 word Pledge. The words on the can are "One nation...indivisible." In the actual Pledge, that phrase is "One nation under God, indivisible."
Critics say that omitting the reference to God is an act of political correctness by the company and that those who believe in God should complain about it. The Dr Pepper/Seven Up folks say their purpose was to reflect the unity of the country, not to make an anti-religious statement and that 90 percent of the rest of the Pledge did not appear either.
Most of the questions to TruthOrFiction.com have been from people who thought the entire pledge had been quoted on the can but with the words "under God" left out. There is at least one version of the eRumor that claims that.
The protest arose when a 12-year-old girl wrote a letter to the American Family Association in Mississippi to complain about the partial quote from the Pledge of Allegiance She said there could be enough room to include the phrase "under God" and the American Family Association suggests that it was more a matter of choice to avoid reference to God rather than mere graphics.
Forty-one million of the cans have been distributed in more than a dozen states and have been discontinued as of February.
There is a virtually identical version of the eRumor that says it was Pepsi that took the words off the patriotic can. That one is false.
A real example of the story as it has been circulated:
As you may or may not have heard, Dr Pepper is coming out with a
patriotic set of soda cans.
The problem is that one of the cans will have the Statue of Liberty on
one
side and the
Pledge of Allegiance on the other. Why is this a problem? Dr Pepper
has
taken upon themselves
to remove "Under God". The can will read "One Nation, ... , Indivisible,
with Liberty and Justice for All".
This has got to stop. When a handful of people wanted to stop prayer in
school, I did nothing. I wasn't
in school any longer so it didn't seem to bother me. I know this may
sound hypocritical for me to now
want to be involved, and I really can't explain why this seems to tear
at
my heart, but it does. I have
children now and maybe that's the reason. For all of you with children
in
school, or grandchildren or nieces
or nephews, this has touched you more than me. I see the world in the
shape that it is in today and
worry about the shape that it will be in when my children are older and
attend grammer, middle and
high school. What part will God play in the future? Will he even have
a
part?
This action from the Dr Pepper corporate office is no more than an
attack
on Believers. This does not
target any specific denomination. This does not target christians.
This
is a slap in the face of both Believers
in the One True God and Americans in general. My father fought in a war
for his country. The Pledge of Allegiance is
a symbol of what they were fighting for, just as the flag that waves
today. The audicity of any single organization
to take it upon themselves to change such an institution as the Pledge
of
Allegiance is more than I can stand.
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
I thought it was a hoax. I usually post some stuff I get in an email on here cause I know somebody knows what it is. I also hate the Pepsi company. They told me I had an interview one time so I drove all the way from Richmond to get to it. When I showed up they said they decided not to interview me. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
I bet when you got home you threw out all your Pepsi soda and now Coke is your favorite. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
I could care less what the put on the can. If most people knew where the clothes they wear came from, they would be ashamed to wear them. I prefer Coke, but still. Drinking one doesnt make you a member of the Church of Satan if it doesnt say under GOD. Its Sugar and Water in an Aluminum can.
Id made more sense to leave the pledge off rather then do what they did, I do not agree with what they did, but its their to do with as they chose, theirs to deal with when the time comes as well.
Heres an idea, lets drink what we wanna drink regardless. I like pepsi better than coke, so I could care less what the put on the can. Does coke have anything related to God promoting their soft drinks, no.
That email was probably generated by Coke anyways haha.
i hear Jesus was a Coke sponsor back in the day, got all kinds of free gear
"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
Bookmarks